We believe that a successful sales organization requires repeatable and measurable processes and an effective leader to continually evaluate and refine a company’s go-to-market approach. As the Director of Sales, you will be responsible for managing and building a team of high-performing account executives selling Beacon, a SaaS solution that improves quality in manufacturing that is rapidly being adopted by some of the leading automotive and aerospace customers in the world. With growth in excess of 100% year-over-year and a pipeline of landed customers for which the opportunity within just those customers exceeds $25 million in recurring revenue, EASE is looking for an experienced and thoughtful sales leader to fully capitalizes on this growth potential.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment but will rely on an organized, disciplined and proven approach to scaling a sales organization. While the candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to manage the sales team, the role is designed as a “player / coach” position where the candidate will, at times, personally manage larger, individual sales opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years in sales leadership roles and at least 10 years in direct sales with relevant experience in developing the processes and systems to support rapid and sustainable sales growth. The candidate must also have strong inter-personal skills and an ability to effectively mentor and motivate internal sales resources while at the same time excelling in this important customer-facing role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a high performing sales organization by developing plans and strategies to deliver strong revenue growth; create individual roles and responsibilities for each team member to contribute to the goals of the overall organization
- Develop effective sales strategies both to “land” new customer accounts and to maximize share of wallet by “expanding” within landed accounts
- Establish clear and quantifiable weekly, monthly, quarterly sales metrics/KPIs against which to measure account executive performance and use these metrics to influence, coach and reinforce behavior of sales organization
- Develop and report progress against sales forecasts and quotas that can be relied upon for accurate budgeting and forecasting purposes
- Develop and maintain positive, customer-focused relationships
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the sales process through a data-driven approach and make changes in response to observed results
- Hire high potential sales talent and implement sales training and orientation programs to educate new sales hires as EASE continues to scale; develop and communicate variable sales compensation schemes to align sales team behavior with sales objectives
- Train account executives to identify customer needs and communicate EASE’s value proposition within the context of those needs; create new sales and marketing strategies that target B2B customers and positions our products as the best solution for prospective customers
- Play an active leadership role with sales, maintaining personal presence and visibility, and by participating in closing deals for high-value accounts
- Work collaboratively with marketing to provide feedback of demand generation efforts to drive acquisition of new relationships and maximize penetration within existing customers
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- At least 10 years of direct SaaS-based and/or enterprise software sales experience and at least 3 years of sales leadership experience within software; history of sales success as both an individual contributor and leader
- Experience navigating buyer journey for large and complex enterprise sales and successfully negotiating and closing large software sales; success in executing a “value based” sales approach in customer pricing discussions
- Excellent listener
- Highly organized, process-oriented and data-driven
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to motivate, influence and coach individuals to achieve mutually agreed outcomes
- Proven sales executive who has managed sales within a high-growth environment
- An experienced business leader and change catalyst with a demonstrated ability to lead teams to achieve positive business outcomes.
- Strong leadership presence with experience working with and presenting to senior leadership and the Board
- Ability to execute on short-term objectives while maintaining a vision for long-term sustained success
- Experience selling to the automotive and/or aerospace industry is preferred
- Experience successfully developing and building sales channels is a plus Ability to travel as needed
About EASE, Inc.
Ease is a rapidly growing, SaaS provider of quality and process audit software to global aerospace, automotive and manufacturing companies such as Aston Martin, Harley Davidson, General Dynamics and Eaton Aerospace. The Beacon audit platform helps manufacturers dramatically improve the effectiveness of their quality initiatives while reducing administrative burdens through immediate insight into process deficiencies. Through Beacon, EASE’s customers are able to achieve significant reductions in customer complaints, defects, scrap, rework and warranty claims. We are leading the way for the world’s leading manufacturers to end “paper-based” quality initiatives and achieve unprecedented levels of organizational quality and consistency.
EASE offers a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits, including medical, vision and dental as well as a 401(k) plan with an employer match.